Last Saturday night the fire department was called in at around 10:45PM.
An abandoned barn had caught fire and was in full flames when they crews arrived.
According to John Greene of the Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District, Because the building was vacant, crews allowed the fire to burn throughout the night. “There was no sense in getting anyone hurt by putting that thing out,” Greene said. “We let it burn and made sure there was no exposure.”
There was a small fire reported at the property 7 months ago, according to NW Herald.
More info as it comes.
Written By: Matt Reszke